Wednesday 15 September 2010

For effect.

Dad-who'd-been-rumbled (12th September) was first through the door again today. "Either we have no imagination," he said, "or this place is the best to be found." With that as an opening remark today looked set to be a good day. Jacket potatoes ruled again and Mary and I discussed my plan to ditch the paté ploughmans from the menu next year. I'm looking for a suitable, simple replacement. George wants pork pie. But then he always does.
One couple this afternoon had two ham salads, a half-shot latte and an americano. The man complimented the coffee. "So often when you have a nice meal the coffee is a disappointment," he said. I brought him a second cup. As he was leaving he said: "I didn't like the second cup...pause...any more or less than the first." And he really did say "pause".

2 comments:

  1. Meet George somewhere in the middle - ham hock terrine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bill! You need to write a recipe book. Or better still get your bum up here and COOK for me.

    ReplyDelete