Tuesday 14 September 2010

Let Sleeping Dogs Lie

This morning I took the dog to the vets for one of those operations. I cried.
When I collected her she was a little unsteady on her feet (wouldn't you be?).
She's now sleeping, but will have to wear one of those cones for a few days. I feel like a heel. No pun intended.
When I opened up today I found a HUGE spider in one of the basins. As I was plucking up the courage to deal with it Mary arrived. Mary has a fear of birds. Turns out she's fearless when it comes to eight-legged monsters. As she picked it up it ran up her arm. "Oops" was all she said.
I've decided that we'll only open seven days a week until the end of September. Through October we'll open at weekends and then the season finale will be the whole of half term (last week of Oct). It's a momentous decision and means I now have to steer a course between ordering too much (and having it left over) and running out before we've finished.

No comments:

Post a Comment