Sunday 12 September 2010

The wee small hours

The return of the busy day. Lots of everything (especially jacket spuds) but only ONE soup. Bizarre. A lovely couple with two very young children have become regular visitors. He ordered with his baby son in arms today - a gorgeous boy with a big smile, "He wasn't so gorgeous at 4am" said Dad.
When I delivered the tray of tea for their second visit of the day I talked to mum. She told me that Dad hadn't been the one awake with the baby at 4. Hmmm. Reminded me of the day I heard my husband telling a friend that our newborn son was "sleeping through".
"No," I said, "you're sleeping through. He's up 3 times every night."
When the family left I told Dad I hoped he'd have a better night.
"I know I've been rumbled," he smiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment